Step 1: Apply
This document sets out the application process for entities that wish to become .IN accredited registrars. Before submitting the application, please review the eligibility criteria in the application; all published .IN policies; and the .IN Registrar Accreditation Agreement, and the Registrar Access Agreement (available in Step 2). Failure to meet those requirements will result in your application being rejected. You will also be required to pay a one-time Rs50,000 accreditation fee before commencing operations. Indian ISP Requirement Please be advised that Effective Sept 01, 2008 NIXI has replaced the Indian ISP connectivity condition for Foreign Registrar Applications with the ICANN Accreditation. Processing Your Application
- The registry will endeavour to process your application as quickly as possible.
- All information provided as part of your application will be treated as highly confidential by our staff and service provider.
- Your application will not be considered to be complete if it is missing information; on its face contains misleading or false information; or is defective in any way.
- If your application is not complete for any of the above reasons, we will advise you by e-mail. You must provide any missing information, correct any deficiencies, and complete your application within ten business days from the date the e-mail is sent to you, or your application will be deemed to have been unsuccessful and will not be processed further. The Registry reserves the right to deny any application.
- By lodging your application, you give the registry the right to verify the accuracy and completeness of the information you have provided in your application, including requests for credit reporting information about your company. The registry also has the right to satisfy itself that you can function as a registrar in accordance with the terms and conditions of the .IN Registrar Accreditation Agreement, the Registrar Access Agreement, standard industry practices, and published policies. We will contact you directly if we require clarification or additional information.
- You may withdraw your application at any time by giving notice to the registry by e-mail. If you decide to re-apply, you will need to re-submit all documentation and fees.
- Depending upon your previous experience as a registrar or reseller in other TLDs, the Registry may administer optional tests, such as a test to determine your knowledge of .IN policies and domain name operations.
- After reviewing your application and conducting any necessary follow-up inquiries, the Registry will inform you by e-mail of its decision. If your application is declined, the Registry will provide you with reasons as to why your application was unsuccessful.
- Once your application has been approved, you must complete Step 2 (Business and Legal Qualification, Step 3 (Technical Qualification), and Step 4 (Funding). Once all these steps are complete, you will be accredited. If you do not proceed to accreditation within four (4) months from the date of your initial application, you will be required to start the entire process over and re-apply (i.e. resubmit your entire accreditation application).
- Until you are fully accredited and have been notified of such by the Registry, you will not:
- act or hold yourself out as a .IN accredited registrar;
- provide or offer to provide, or state or imply that you are authorised to provide, any registrar services within .IN;
- identify yourself as a .IN registrar or by any term suggesting similar reference, or use directly or indirectly, in any manner whatsoever NIXI's or the INRegistry's name or any trade or other identifying mark owned or used by the registry.
- The registry will announce that you are an accredited registrar by publishing your name on the list of accredited registrars on the Registry's Web site, at www.getyourown.in. The registry will also provide you with an official logo to signify that you are an accredited registrar. The logo can be displayed on your Web site and on any printed materials that you provide to your customers regarding .IN.