Step 3: Technical Qualification
You may begin Step 3 after the Registry has confirmed that you have completed Step 2. Registrars must develop the client application that will allow them to interface with the Shared Registration System (SRS). The Operational Test and Evaluation (OT & E) environment is available for you to test your client systems. Registrars must demonstrate the correct operation of their client application by completing the OT&E certification process without errors. You may undertake Step 3 and Step 4 in parallel. Registrars who have not passed OT&E will not be able to process transactions with the SRS. Please contact .IN Technical Support to schedule a time slot for OT&E certification. To learn about the OT&E certification process, please see the OT&E Certification FAQ. EPP v.3.0: The new .IN OT&E criteria include Normal Domain operations, DNSSEC sections and the basic operations regarding trademarks that a Registrar's client application can perform in the Registry. The DNSSEC section of EPP 3.0 criteria is an optional for the existing .IN registrar who may like to test their EPP client for DNSSEC extensions.
- IN OTE Criteria EPP v3.0 This document explains how the OT&E test will work and what you need to do to prepare your client.
- EPP 1.0 RTK package (Java version, 7.4 MB.)
- EPP 1.0 RTK package (C++ version, 212 KB.)
- EPP RTK Add-on (Platform-Independent, 962 kb.)
- EPP 1.0 RFCs:
- Review the OT&E certification requirements.
- Obtain an SSL certificate from an accepted certificate authority.
- Developed a client application that uses the EPP protocol and supports SSL connection to the .IN Registry.