Event: Youth Internet Governance Forum (YIGF) Camp
Date: 3rd August - 6th August 2014
Venue: Hotel Crowne Plaza, Greater Noida
Youth IGF – Overview: www.2014.rigf.asia/yigf/
With a dedication to raise the awareness of Youth on Internet governance and encourage the young generation to participate in the policy discussion, a group of NetMission Ambassadors (http://www.netmission.asia) has initiated the Youth Internet Governance Forum (YIGF) in 2010 in parallel with the APrIGF.
Inspired by United Nation’s Internet Governance Forum, the Youth IGF takes the same multi-stakeholders’ approach as the global IGF. One of the core features of the Youth IGF is that the facilitators are all youth themselves i.e. NetMission Ambassadors which signifies the empowerment of youth as well as the peer-to-peer impact.
The Youth IGF Camp is a 3-day-2-night camp mirroring the UNIGF for youth to discuss various Internet Governance issues. It consists of the below elements:
• Stakeholder Group – participants will be divided and role-play as different stakeholders (example: Govt. bodies/ NGOs/ Students/ Business Organizations etc.)
• Internal Meetings – Discussion amongst each stakeholder group
• External Meetings – Multi-Stakeholder groups’ discussion
• Presentations and Open Forum - Participants will present on their conclusion and have an open debate panel, which other rIGF participants are welcome to join
Fellowship for the Camp :
NIXI Fellowship to be rewarded : 20 Students
Eligibility: Brilliant Students having interest in the field of Internet & Technology, Regulatory & Policy matters with the capability of good communicating & debating skills in English.
Fellowship Benefits Cover:
1. Complimentary Event(YIGF) Participation
2. Accommodation at Hotel Crowne Plaza (Sharing Basis)
3. Transport Facility for Local Fellows(Delhi/NCR)
4. Airfare/ Train Fare for Fellows outside Delhi (Economy Class, Shortest Route)
5. All meals (Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner)during the event.
How to Apply :
1) Fill the application form. (yIGF 2014 Application Form);
2) Please complete the form and submit it together with the following documents:
a) A copy of your student card
b) Any other relevant documents, which you may deem useful in supporting your application.
The provision of personal data and other related information by means of the application form is voluntary and will be used to determine the application. Please ensure data provided is adequate and accurate