Launch of .भारत in Devanagari script by Hon'ble MCIT and Law & Justice Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad on 27th August, 2014 at 1600 HRS at Seminar Hall, India International Centre, 40, Maxmuller Marg, New Delhi. For more details, Click Here
Launch of .भारत Domain name in Devanagari script by Hon'ble MCIT and Law & Justice Shri Ravi Shankar Prasadमुख्य भाग:
NIXI Felloship - Youth Internet Governance Forum (YIGF), 3rd - 6th August 2014 @ Hotel Crowne Plaza, Greater Noidaमुख्य भाग:
Event: Youth Internet Governance Forum (YIGF) Camp
Date: 3rd August - 6th August 2014
Venue: Hotel Crowne Plaza, Greater Noida
Youth IGF – Overview: www.2014.rigf.asia/yigf/
With a dedication to raise the awareness of Youth on Internet governance and encourage the young generation to participate in the policy discussion, a group of NetMission Ambassadors (http://www.netmission.asia) has initiated the Youth Internet Governance Forum (YIGF) in 2010 in parallel with the APrIGF.
Inspired by United Nation’s Internet Governance Forum, the Youth IGF takes the same multi-stakeholders’ approach as the global IGF. One of the core features of the Youth IGF is that the facilitators are all youth themselves i.e. NetMission Ambassadors which signifies the empowerment of youth as well as the peer-to-peer impact.
The Youth IGF Camp is a 3-day-2-night camp mirroring the UNIGF for youth to discuss various Internet Governance issues. It consists of the below elements:
• Stakeholder Group – participants will be divided and role-play as different stakeholders (example: Govt. bodies/ NGOs/ Students/ Business Organizations etc.)
• Internal Meetings – Discussion amongst each stakeholder group
• External Meetings – Multi-Stakeholder groups’ discussion
• Presentations and Open Forum - Participants will present on their conclusion and have an open debate panel, which other rIGF participants are welcome to join
Fellowship for the Camp :
NIXI Fellowship to be rewarded : 20 Students
Eligibility: Brilliant Students having interest in the field of Internet & Technology, Regulatory & Policy matters with the capability of good communicating & debating skills in English.
Fellowship Benefits Cover:
1. Complimentary Event(YIGF) Participation
2. Accommodation at Hotel Crowne Plaza (Sharing Basis)
3. Transport Facility for Local Fellows(Delhi/NCR)
4. Airfare/ Train Fare for Fellows outside Delhi (Economy Class, Shortest Route)
5. All meals (Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner)during the event.
How to Apply :
1) Fill the application form. (yIGF 2014 Application Form);
2) Please complete the form and submit it together with the following documents:
a) A copy of your student card
b) Any other relevant documents, which you may deem useful in supporting your application.
The provision of personal data and other related information by means of the application form is voluntary and will be used to determine the application. Please ensure data provided is adequate and accurate
The Scope of Work and other Terms and Conditions are as follows:
- Advertise various positions in leading print and digital media according to NIXI requirement.
- Identification and Short listing of Profiles received for interviews in consultation with NIXI.
- Coordination with Shortlisted Candidates and issue of interview letters.
- Conduct of interview by The Selection Committee constituted by NIXI.
For more details refer Human Resource Recruitment Agency for Hiring Manpower
National Internet Exchange of India (NIXI) would like to announce the list of Successful Candidates for NIXI fellowship Programme-2014. The same can be downloaded from here.
NIXI — the .IN domain manager — launches .IN television advertising campaign
In the past few years, the .IN domain has become one of the most popular Internet addresses in India, and today there are more than one million .IN sites! .IN sites are used to help promote Indian businesses and to sell goods to Internet users in India and around the world. These addresses have been especially effective for small businesses on the Web because they help them find new customers efficiently.
To build on that success, NIXI has just begun a comprehensive TV campaign that will encourage businesses of all sizes to get online and establish their Internet presence using a .IN domain. Covering all of India, the campaign invests tens of millions of rupees to build awareness of .IN addresses and help support those businesses that are already using a .IN domain.
Each ad is designed to show how a business can benefit from using the Internet and, specifically, from using the .IN domain as part of a business’ publicity and business strategy. Many small Indian businesses offer excellent products and services, but suffer from low awareness because they don’t have big marketing budgets. A .IN domain enables these businesses to have a presence online, where many more new customers can find them just by a simple Internet search. The ads illustrate how Indian businesses can expand beyond their local markets just by offering their products online.
The ads are being aired in Hindi and English, and run at different lengths (20 seconds, 30 seconds, and one minute).
You’ll be able to see the commercials on popular Hindi and English movie channels and news channels — like India TV, News 24, CNBC TV 18, Headlines Today, Discovery, and KTV — as well as on regional channels broadcasting in Tamil, Kannada, Telugu, Malayalam and Bangala.
The ads are currently running 12-14 times each day on each of the many channels and will continue to be seen through January 2014. By the end of the campaign, the spots will have been broadcast more than 7,500 times and reached tens of millions of people.